On Tuesday, July 31, 2001, approx. 14:50 hr, a girl’s body was found in the Main Canal near Frankfurt am Main, Nied in Germany.
The legs were bent and pressed to the chest, the arms were placed on the body. In this crouched position, the body was wrapped in multiple tows with a terry towel and knotted.
In this form, the body was wrapped in a duvet cover with a brown leopard print.
The merged ends of the duvet cover were tied together using two different elastic bands. One of the ribbons is white, the second ribbon is streaked with purple and white stripes. These tapes are so-called nalas, fabric belts from the Pakistani and Afghan regions.
This previously described bundle was tied to an umbrella stand that was supposed to serve as a sinking weight. The parasol stand is manufactured by the Dutch company ELFE, as well as by the also Dutch company VEROPA.
The cause of the death was two broken ribs caused by blunt violence, which injured the lungs and spleen.
Reconstruction made by Wesley Neville
- Date found: July 31, 2001
- Place found: Nied, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Race: Unknown
- Gender: Female
- Age: Estimated to be 15-16 years, in fact the girl appears younger, about 13 years old, the breasts are only being fully developed.
- Height: 157 cm
- Weight: 38,5 kg
- Eye Color: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark brown (30cm)
- Distinguishing Marks: Crippled left ear (so-called cauliflower ear) with an adhesion. Multiple injuries all over the body that suggest long-term, serious abuse and have not been treated by a doctor, such as multiple fractures of both upper arms healed in the wrong position, numerous elongated scars on the forehead, trunk and legs, numerous burn scars all over the body, reminiscent of cigarette burns. Both earlobes were pierced (for earrings) and one nostril.
- Estimated Date of Dead: The time in the water was 12-24 hours, the onset of death is not precisely determined, but at most three days before the discovery.
- Clothing: Unknown
- Jewelry: Unknown
- Personal Items: Unknown
- Dentals: Unknown, complete dentition without wisdom teeth, no dental or orthodontic correction recognizable
- Fingerprints: Unknown
- DNA: Unknown
If you have any information please contact
- Agency: Polizeipräsidium Frankfurt/M., Fachkommissariat 11, Mordkommission 3
- Phone Number: +49 (0)69 755-51108 or +49 (0)69 755-53131
- Case Number: N/A