On Sunday morning, October 26, 2014, 4.15 am, the emergency services found a baby aged 10 to 20 days in an underground garbage container on Fritz Conijnstraat in Amsterdam. An alert passer-by who heard crying noises from the container allowed the newborn child to be rescued in time. The baby, a girl with clothes on, was immediately taken to a hospital. She is now doing well and has been admitted to a foster family.
A passerby who walked through the Fritz Conijnstraat in Amsterdam Geuzenveld Slotermeer during the night from Saturday 25 to Sunday 26 October, at first thought she heard a baby monitor. But as she listened more closely, she heard howling noises from the underground container on the corner of that street. She raised the alarm, after which emergency services rescued a baby from the container at 4:15 AM. In a plastic bag was a newborn girl. The police are looking for the child’s father and / or mother.
There is a blue-colored pigment spot on her lower back and buttocks; a kind of birthmark. This is not an injury. She has a deviation on both ring fingers so that those ring fingers are permanently bent. The girl had a scratch and plaster on her foot. She may have had a heel injection. We therefore make an urgent appeal to the medical world to share information. We would like to ask people who are bound by a medical confidentiality and who therefore have doubts whether they can call the tip line to contact the advisory body of their (medical) professional group.
Around 4 a.m., just before the baby was found, a person walked down the street. This person walked into one of the porches. We would like to know who this person is. It may be an important witness we would like to speak to. Just before 4.15 am, around the time the child was found, a light-colored car, type Sedan, was parked in Fritz Conijnstraat. This was near the dumpster in which the girl was found. Loud music came from the car. In the car was a tinted man, about 30 years old, between 175 and 180 cm tall, with short dark hair. The car has driven off in the direction of Burgemeester Vening Meineszlaan. We would like to speak to this man.
- Date found: October 26, 2014
- Place found: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Race: Unknown, slightly tanned skin
- Gender: Female
- Age: Infant, 10-20 days old
- Height: Unknown
- Weight: Unknown
- Eye Color: Unknown
- Hair Color: Unknown
- Distinguishing Marks: There is a blue-colored pigment spot on her lower back and buttocks; a kind of birthmark. This is not an injury. She has a deviation on both ring fingers so that those ring fingers are permanently bent. The girl had a scratch and plaster on her foot. She may have had a heel injection.
- Estimated Date of Dead: Unknown
- Clothing: A white romper of the brand “Petit Villain” with the text ‘Ik ❤ opa’. A gray shirt, size 50, from the brand “Peaple”. White pants from “Hema”, also size 50. The girl was found in a plastic bag from an Italian clothing brand “Globo”.
- Jewelry: Unknown
- Personal Items: Unknown
- Dentals: Unknown
- Fingerprints: Unknown
- DNA: Available
If you have any information please contact
- Agency: Politie Nederland
- Phone Number: +31 34 357 8844
- Case Number: 14053042