On August 16, 2019, a man crashed at the Grünstein in the Berchtesgaden Alps and sustained fatal injuries.
A hiker had found the body of an apparently crashed and fatally injured man on the afternoon of August 16 and reported it. No ID documents could be found for the dead person and the further investigations by the Berchtesgaden police inspection or the Traunstein criminal police inspection, which has since become responsible, have so far not led to the identification of his identity. With the publication of a photo of the deceased, the investigators are now hoping for clues that will lead to the clarification of the case. It can be assumed that the unknown man stayed in the Freilassing area until August 16 and then drove towards Berchtesgaden on that day.
- Date found: August 16, 2019
- Place found: Grünstein, Berchtesgaden Alps, Schönau a. Königssee, Germany
- Race: Unknown
- Gender: Male
- Age: 60-75
- Height: 165 cm – 170 cm
- Weight: Slim build
- Eye Color: Unknown
- Hair Color: Gray
- Distinguishing Marks: Full beard. It is striking that the unknown had placed an indwelling catheter with a urine bag.
- Estimated Date of Dead: Hours prior
- Cause of Dead: Injuries from a fall
- Clothing: Light blue jacket, olive-colored short shirt, white t-shirt, beige trousers with black belt
- Jewelry: Unknown
- Personal Items: A train timetable information was found at the unknown. Here he asked when the departures from Freilassing to Berchtesgaden would take place on August 16. In addition, he had a bus ticket from August 16 at 9:33 a.m. from Berchtesgaden station to Unterstein.
- Dentals: Unknown
- Fingerprints: Unknown
- DNA: Unknown
If you have any information please contact
- Agency: Kriminalpolizeiinspektion Traunstein
- Phone Number: 0049 0861/9873-0