Gardai in Ennistymon, Co. Clare are appealling to members of the public to assist them in identifying the body of a male who was recovered from the sea off the Cliffs of Moher on Tuesday afternoon the 22nd May 2012.
Extensive enquiries have been carried out here and abroad through our colleagues in Interpol but there has been no positive identification of the deceased to date.
- Date found: May 22, 2012
- Place found: Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
- Race: Caucasian
- Gender: Male
- Age: 30-40
- Height: 178 cm
- Weight: Unknown
- Eye Color: Unknown
- Hair Color: Black, balding on top
- Distinguishing Marks: None
- Estimated Date of Dead: Hours prior. He was in the sea for about 24 hours.
- Cause of Dead: Fall from cliff
- Clothing: A black rain/sports jacket, size 48, ‘MAIER’ make. The sleeves were grey and black stripe. A grey ‘Dunnes Stores’ Hoodie, with the word ‘BROOKLYN 62’ stamped on the left chest. Plain grey t-shirt – no make. White ‘Addidas’ t-shirt. Black Socks.
- Jewelry: Black ‘CASIO’ Sporks watch, model SGW-100
- Personal Items: He may have travelled from Galway as a Bus Eireann timetable, Galway to Doolin, was found on his person. An admission ticket for O’Brien’s Tower, Cliffs of Moher was found in his jacket pocket. This was issued on the 22nd May 2012 shortly after 2 p.m.
- Dentals: Unknown
- Fingerprints: Unknown
- DNA: Unknown
If you have any information please contact
- Agency: An Garda Síochána
- Phone Number: +353 1800 250025