Since May 28, 1998, various body parts have been found in the water of the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal.
- On May 28, a torso and shoulders were found at Kilometer 11.1 in the municipality of Abcoude.
- On May 29, 1998, a head was found in the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal, near Kilometer 8, municipality of Abcoude.
- On July 16, 1998, the underside of a hull was found in the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal, at kilometer 23.9, near Breukelen (Municipality of Stichtse Vecht).
- On September 12, 1998, a hull basin was found in a side arm of the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal, next to plot Diemerzeekdijk 80, municipality of Amsterdam.
- On November 4, 1998, a right leg was found in the inland water Aquamarin (open connection with Amsterdam-Rhine Canal), municipality of Weesp.
Proguanil and chloroquine have been detected in the man’s body. Chloroquine (Nivaquine®) and Proguanil (Paludrine®) are used to prevent malaria (malaria prophylaxis). This would mean that the victim must have taken this medicine several hours before his death. It is plausible that the victim was not in the tropics more than four weeks before his death. In addition, it is plausible that the man does not come from a malaria area or has not resided for a longer period of time.
- Date found: May 28, 1998
- Place found: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Race: Unknown
- Gender: Male
- Age: 46-50
- Height: 169 cm – 179 cm
- Weight: Unknown
- Eye Color: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark
- Distinguishing Marks: Shoe size 39-40. Proguanil and chloroquine, a medicin used to prevent malaria, have been detected in the man’s body
- Estimated Date of Dead: Unknown
- Clothing: Unknown
- Jewelry: Unknown
- Personal Items: Unknown
- Dentals: The man’s teeth were undamaged and there were no indications that a dentist had done any work on it
- Fingerprints: Unknown
- DNA: Unknown
If you have any information please contact
- Agency: Politie Nederland
- Phone Number: +31 34 357 8844
- Case Number: JM90280598